Monday, January 26, 2009

"Look at this Richard! Just Look at it"

The London Telegraph has published this marvelously funny complaint letter from a Virgin airline passenger en route to India.

I love the Virgin brand, I really do which is why I continue to use it despite a series of unfortunate incidents over the last few years. This latest incident takes the biscuit.

Ironically, by the end of the flight I would have gladly paid over a thousand rupees for a single biscuit following the culinary journey of hell I was subjected to at the hands of your corporation.


I don't know what it is about airline food myself but some of the cheapest airlines have the best food. Air France's food is notoriously bad, while some of the smaller airlines in North America (West Jet, Continental) use well stocked, if simple and to the point, frozen entrees.

It appears to be in an evidence bag from the scene of a crime. A CRIME AGAINST BLOODY COOKING. Either that or some sort of back-street underground cookie, purchased off a gun-toting maniac high on his own supply of yeast. You certainly wouldn’t want to be caught carrying one of these through customs. Imagine biting into a piece of brass Richard. That would be softer on the teeth than the specimen above.


I rather enjoyed Air Transat's Pizza pockets and a few meals were quite nice, but I'm happy to have skipped out on this one.

No comments: